Monday, August 10, 2009

Wild Rice & Chicken Casserole



1 Box Uncle Ben's Wild Rice
3 Cups Cooked Chicken (I usually buy a Costco Rotisserie Chicken)
1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
1 medium onion chopped
1 Cup Mayo
2 Cans French Style Green Beans
1 Can Water Chestnuts drained and chopped

Cook the Wild Rice as directed on the Box. Place in Large Casserole Dish. Sprinkle with Paprika and Parsley flakes. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

This makes 16 servings. It is A LOT! I usually put it in 2 8x8 dishes and use it for when I have to take dinner to someone. Then you have dinner for you and dinner for them! Or, you could freeze it and reheat it later.

2 comments:

Monica said...

I made this with a can of chicken, cream of chicken soup and no water chestnuts (I can never find them at the store) and it was too saucy for me. I think I'll leave out the mayo next time and see how that tastes...

Monica said...

I like the flavor without mayo. I also used 1/3 cup dried chopped onion added to the rice while cooking instead of fresh onion.