Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Banana Oatmeal Bread


There are tons of Banana Bread recipes out there, but I love this one! I got it from a Breastfeeding book, it helps you produce more milk! So, it's a little fattening, but it TOTALLY works for breastfeeding, plus it's yummy even if you aren't breastfeeding! Enjoy!

1/2 Cup Shortening
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Bananas (About 3 Dark Ripe ones)
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2-1 Cup Oatmeal (I use 1, I love oatmeal!)
3/4 cup nuts (I hate nuts, I actually use chocolate chips! hehe)
1 tsp Vanilla

Cream Shortening and Sugar together. Add 1 egg at a time, mixing thoroughly. Add bananas and mix well. Add Flour, Soda, and Salt, then Oatmeal. Stir in nuts (ahem... chocolate chips) and add Vanilla. Pour into greased 9x5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. (Note to self... test before taking out, the top always looks burned, but if the center isn't cooked, it is YUCK!)

Recipe courtesy of pumpingmoms.org

No comments: