Friday, February 10, 2012

Chicken and Dumplings



I love dumplings... I've always wondered how to make them. Uh.... so easy!!!!


3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1/2 medium onion diced
1 tablespoon dried parsley
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits
OR you can half THIS biscuit recipe like I did. Worked perfectly!!!! (I hate store bought gross dough.)

Place thawed chicken in crock pot and top with butter. Add cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, onions, and parsley. Cook on High for 4-6 hours or Low for 8 hours. Do not stir while cooking.

Cut each uncooked biscuit into 9 small pieces and stir into the chicken mixture. (I just rolled out my dough and cut it up into quarter size pieces.) Continue to cook on High for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from slow-cooker and shred with a fork. (This really seems unnecessary, because my just shredded apart on it's own.) Return to slow-cooker and stir everything together. Serve hot.

Makes about 6 servings.

No comments: