Friday, January 29, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've been looking for a good recipe for these, and tried this one. LOVE them. A tad bit salty for my flavor, but my husband thought they were fine. I'll try a little less salt next time.

1 Cup Butter or Margarine
1 Cup Brown sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
2 Cups Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 Cups Oatmeal
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips

Cream Butter and Sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Stir in Oats and Chocolate Chips.
Bake for 10-12 min at 350.

Recipe from the back of the Kirkland bag of Chocolate Chips.

2 comments:

Leslie & Matt said...

mmm...why did I have to look at this post so late at night? fooey!

Monica said...

I quartered this recipe, omitted the eggs, and added one cup flour total without any oats for an eggless cookie dough. I added maybe 1/8 cup water at the end to get a crumb consistency. Good not great.